Friday, March 30, 2012

Someday I'll Be Great But Today I Haven't Done Anything Yet - He Said

Not long ago, I was talking with a university college student about all the great things he'd accomplished, but then he explained that he was still waiting, learning, gathering knowledge, and then when he was ready he'd decide what to do, and he'd be good at it because by then he'd have a degree, skills, and thus, a shoe-in for success in any endeavor he choose. But, I ask is this really the probable outcome, or some sort of wishful thinking fantasy. Let's talk.

You see, I inquired as to his successes thus far in life, he said that he has not done anything extraordinary; yet! So, I asked; "why not?" Which I do believe to be a fair question, but it was deflected because he said he was young, and not sure he was ready yet, but what is he waiting for a laser embroidered carbon nano-tube plaque invitation. Sure he can go out and achieve and now is the best time to start I'd say, yesterday would have been even better, but as they say; "Yesterday is Gone!"

One should trust self, and he does, so that's not an issue really, not with his knowledge of self. I was wondering why he hadn't accomplished anything, other than he feel he is not obligated too, or has plenty of time, or society isn't asking him to do anything but follow the approved categories of thought, and activities, thus, you are going with the flow as that's all that is "really" required, at the university that is.

The question is also a personal one for me, because I had achieved a laundry list of things by the time I was your age. So, I know it's possible, and so, I wonder what he has not been spending his time doing instead of just watching, waiting, learning, and following the approved schedule. It's not impossible to accomplish great things regardless of your age - young or old.

Of course if you make excuses and keep telling yourself you aren't ready yet, or things aren't perfect, then there is a good chance you may actually do nothing that great at any time in your life. It's time to make a play, now is the best time to start. What do they say in sports; "it's time to bust a move" and so I ask; what on Earth are you waiting for? Go out there and do it now. Please consider all this and think on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment